1. The silky slip dress is making a major comeback, but this time it’s more elegant and less Courtney Love. ASTR the Label Cowl Slip Midi Dress, $89, at Nordstrom.
2. Who doesn’t miss the grunge era just a little? Dress down a rocker T-shirt and ripped jeans with Patagonia’s Organic Cotton MW Fjord Flannel Shirt, $89, at Trail Creek Outfitters, Glen Mills.
3. Ever wondered what those women of the ’90s actually fit into those mini backpacks? With the genuine leather Arden Backpack, local designer Bri Brandt makes a more practical version of this style throwback. $24, at Arden + James, Chadds Ford.
4. Pale complexions and smoky eyes defined the decade. Kristina Ruggerio Jet Black Precision Liquid Eyeliner, $18, at Beauty Bar, Wilmington.
5. Pair the Hutch Oona Floral Velvet Dress ($275, at Anthropologie) with velvet platform sandals or lace-up leather boots.
6. Take the boyfriend blazer from work to weekend—wear with cropped wool trousers or distressed denim (ripped knees are all the rage) and chunky loafers. Alfie Blazer in Honey Plaid Italian Wool, $288, at J.Crew.
7. Balance looser-legged jeans with a fitted top. Love Like You bustier knit, $68, at South Moon Under, Rehoboth Beach.
8. Make a statement with Shari Dixon’s feather, flower and leaf ring, $48, at Hagley Museum Store, Wilmington.
9. Nili Lotan Sofhie Argyle Wool Cardigan, $695, at Saks Fifth Avenue, King of Prussia. Throw it on over a cropped tee or a cotton tea-length knit frock.
10. The platform is back in many forms. Loeffler Randall Racquel Boot, $395, at Peter Kate, Wilmington.
11. Daydreamer tees are specially treated for a soft, vintage feel. Sex Pistols boxy T-shirt, $79.95, at Coral Cove, Rehoboth Beach.
12. Round shades helped define the ’90s era. Illesteva Greenwich Star Tortoise/Citrine/Grey Sunglasses, $230, at Peter Kate, Wilmington.
13. You’d be hard-pressed to find a child of the 1990s who didn’t own a worn-in pair of Dr. Martens. The modern 1460 Boot ($150, at Nordstrom) is a sophisticated spin on this youthful style.
15. The ubiquitous Birkenstock is always in fashion, no matter the season. And the color options just keep growing. Birkenstock Arizona Split Hex Slide Sandal, $170, at Nordstrom and Birkenstock, Rehoboth Beach.
16. The chunky (read: comfortable) heel receives a warm welcome back after years of torturing our toes with stilettos. Prada Block Heel Suede Sandal, $720, at Nordstrom.
17. Get your kicks with upgraded slip-on sneakers, great with everything from work slacks to a slip dress.Golden Goose Superstar Camouflage Ripstop Upper Leather Star, $495, at No. 109, Kennett Square.